Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26, 2010

I guess I posted too early today.  After I wrote for today, G went out and gave Jet his first bath.  Granted it was a sponge bath, but I am proud of both of them.  Lastly, she went back out to feed him his evening meal and supplements and he was laying down.  He allowed her to walk up to him while still lying on the ground and pet him on the head.  Amazing pair they are. 

Wow oh wow.  Jet is awesome and gorgeous.  His coat is beginning to shine.  He has been on his supplements for a week and G is brushing him daily.  I am sure both are contributing to the great coat he is sporting these days. 



He is still a little ribby for me.  I am hoping that the oats and increased hay will help with his weight gain.  G measured him today.  He is 13.2 hands tall and weighs about 600 pounds.  I will help her do more research and see what a balanced diet would look like.  I will also be taking the house scales outside to do better at measuring his feed. 



G has started ponying Jet behind one of our other horses around the property in hopes to improve his muscling.  It has had another side benefit.  Since he is a herd animal he enjoys following another horse and seems to be learning to give to the pressure of the halter and lead rope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment