Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011

Trail obstacles


After only a few times leading Faith takes a walk with G like a pro.  She followed G anywhere asked.



G kept checking back on her to make sure she was ok.  The wind was really blowing and there were horses running all around in the field to the right of them.  Faith only tried once to run off to join the frolicing herd.  Otherwise she was a perfect, well mannered lady. 



She followed G up and over several obstacles.



I kept waiting for Faith to do the typical hop over obstacles that so many young horses seem to do.  But Faith is not typical in any way.  She stepped over each bale, and pole one foot at a time.



When G came to get me to show me what they were working on, I could hardly believe that Faith was striding over the straw bales and not trying to jump them.  (G spends much of her time stacking these bales in many shapes and sizes and jumps them with her other horses.)







After a few rounds with the obstacles G took time to rub Faith all over and continue dissensitizing her.  She still has a few baby fuzz mats on her stomach that she is not ready for G to remove.  Maybe in another day or two. 



This is my FAVORITE picture so far of Faith.  She is just such a pretty girl.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Faith seems to be so calm and trusting! I wonder if I can convince Matt we need another horse.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO wish!!!! Gabrielle has said she would really like you guys to have her. Then we would both know she had a FANTASTIC home. :-)

    ReplyDelete