Thursday, July 22, 2010

G's post

G wanted to write a post so this is the one I am going to let her write..... Good luck following along ;-)
 
   Jet has been doing REALLY well. I am so proud of him, he just takes everything in stride. I am wanting to find challenging games to play with Jet. Any ideas?? I want to challenge him, but whenever I try something new, he just goes through with it. I want to find his capacity so I can challenge him, but I don't want to do overkill. Any suggestions for activities I could use to test him out? Anyway, Jet is doing really well, but I need to work on standing, otherwise I don't see Jet having a problem with showmanship.  I want to expose Jet to as much as I can. I am hoping to take him to the Lake and pony him off Addy, who is so bored he bucked and tried to run off with me last time I rode him. I am soo happy about where Jet is in his conditioning. I was kinda frustrated when I came home from an 8 day vacation, and Jet had a big hay belly.  You couldn't see his ribs :-), but boy, you could  see his belly!!! Jet is trimming down now, but I am surprised with the way he is chowing down on whatever food I give him!!! 2 flakes of Alfalfa/Grass mix each feeding, 2 quarts of whole oats in the morning, and at night he gets his supplement, (Trifecta, it works great!!) Strongid, and exactly one cup of Strategy grain., That boy eats more than our horses do (of course the older horses are done growing but still!!!). I am just happy that Jet will be in good condition for the competition. I am trying to go above and beyond, so Jet does the best he can at the competition. I am kinda nervous due to the fact that I am the farthest away, and I have absoulutely no clue as to what is going on with the rest of the competition. When I called the lady that runs the place a while back, she said that I was about where everyone else was, I want to call again, and see if I have fallen behind (I hope not!!!!!) Let's hope Jet and I can keep improving the way we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment